ATTENTION: CO-OP DIRECTORS, SUPERINTENDENTS, PRINCIPALS, CHILD NUTRITION DIRECTORS, CHILD NUTRITION MANAGERS
The United States
Department of Agriculture (USDA) is allowing the following waivers to support
access to nutritious meals while minimizing potential exposure in a school
setting. These waivers are allowed for
implementation during the traditional school calendar approved in the Child
Nutrition Agreement for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Nationwide Waiver to Allow Non-congregate feeding in the Child Nutrition Programs – EXTENSION #2
- Nationwide Waiver to Allow Meal Service Time Flexibility in the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, and Child and Adult Care Food Program – EXTENSTION #2
- Nationwide Waiver to Allow Parents and Guardians to Pick Up Meals for Children – EXTENSION #2
- Nationwide waiver to Allow Meal Pattern Flexibility in the Child Nutrition Programs – EXTENSION #4
- Nationwide Waiver to Allow Offer versus Serve Flexibility for Senior High Schools in the National School Lunch Program for SY 2020-2021.
The waivers are
in effect from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
Please fill out
the attached Schedule D and return to ADE.CNU-A-PS@arkansas.gov
by July 24, 2020.
Opting in does
not require the district to implement the waivers, but rather allows the
district to implement waivers if needed anytime between July 1, 2020 and June
30, 2021 at any school serving site approved in the Child Nutrition Agreement.
Please email your
Area Specialist or contact CNU at 501-324-9502 with questions.
Response #33 SY20-21 Non-Congregate
COVID-19, CN Response
#34 SY20-21 Meal Times
Response #35 SY20-21 Parent Pickup
Response #36 SY20-21 Meal Pattern
Response #37 SY20-21 Offer vs. Serve