Arkansas Code Ann §6-20-2515 provides that “at least one hundred twenty (120) days
before the application deadline, a district may request and be granted by the
Division of Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation a review
conference that shall be held within seventy-five (75) days after the date of
request.” Therefore, districts must
plan accordingly as this time frame is fast approaching for review conferences
for Partnership Project applications due for the 2023-2025 biennium. Review conferences may be scheduled by
submitting written requests to the division not later than November 1, 2021. Districts must submit a complete application
at the time of the request, and ensure that the project contained in the
application appears in the district’s Master Plan projects.
with the Rules Governing the Academic Facilities Partnership Program dated December
30, 2019, as amended January 23, 2020, a complete Partnership Project application
for a review conference includes:
- Fully complete all Tabs for the Partnership Project application located in the Master Planning Tool (web tool), fulfilling, in part, Section 4.05 of the Rules.
- All Program of Requirements (PORs) fully completed and accurate (Section 3.35 of the Rules),for all Space and all Warm, Safe, and Dry Space Replacement projects.
- Schematic Drawings (Section 3.31 of the Rules).
- Tab 7 of the Master Planning Tool - Upload the district's Statement of Values. (Section 4.02 of the Arkansas Commission for Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation Rules Governing Property Insurance Requirements). The district shall identify on the Statement of Values that the district has acquired and ensures that coverage for all district buildings at each described location is insured "for at least 90% of replacement cost" in order to be eligible for facilities assistance.
- Campus and building detailed information must be accurate in Tab 1 of the Master Planning Tool, commonly referred to as the "Campus Report”. “Building” was defined in Act 935 of 2017 and now means “a structure used or intended for supporting or sheltering any use or occupancy”.
- Complete and signed Resolution by the district Board of Directors (Section 4.05.2 of the Rules).
- Tab 4 of the Master Planning Tool is required only if the district is submitting district-generated enrollment projections. District-generated enrollment projections must include justification and methodology.
The review conference
considerations will be based on the district wealth index, cost factors, and
information presented by the district current at the time of the preliminary
review and is for budgeting purposes only. District wealth index, enrollment,
and project cost factors will be updated before the final Partnership Project application
evaluation and determination. The review
conference evaluation is not a determination and is subject to change.
IMPORTANT NOTE - Partnership Project applications will be
evaluated during review conferences using current rules. If applicable rules are in the public comment
phase of the promulgation process, division staff will discuss proposed changes
to the rules and resulting changes to the Partnership Project application
requirements. If applicable rules have
not reached the public comment phase of the promulgation process, project early
reviews will have Partnership Project applications evaluated on current rule
only with no discussion of the potential impact of any proposed rule changes.
It is the responsibility of all districts to ensure final submissions
meet the applicable current rules in place as of the Master Plan due date (February 1, 2022) and the Partnership
Project application due date (March 1,
The district Master Plan must be
fully complete by February 1, 2022, for any Partnership Program applications to
be considered. (See Commission for
Arkansas Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation Rules Governing
the Facilities Master Plan).
Partnership Program Project applications for the 2023-2025 funding
cycle must be received by the Division no later than 4:30 p.m. on March 1,
Please contact Tyrel Pace with
questions or for assistance at (501) 371.1572.