Invitation to Arkansas Educators:
The Division of
Elementary and Secondary (DESE) is pleased to invite Arkansas educators to
apply to one of the Online Teacher Academies.
The purpose of the Online Teacher Academies is to provide current
educators an in-depth understanding of digital instruction to their students,
knowledge and tools to be a teacher leader for online teaching within their own
district, and knowledge to pass the Online Teaching Performance Assessment and
earn an Online Teaching K-12 Endorsement.
All of the
- Include 15 hours of graduate coursework
- Include courses and meetings with synchronous and asynchronous sessions
- Lead to an online teacher K-12 Endorsement
- Include some summer instruction to prepare teachers for the fall 2021 semester
- Include ongoing supports throughout the school year
- Are designed for completion of the Academy in one year
- Are available at no cost for teachers (tuition, fees, and assessment costs are covered)
Refer to the attached
Online Teacher Announcement and Registration
Document 2021 for more
details and registration links.
Teacher Academy Institutions
The six institutions approved for the
Online Teacher Academy are:
If there are
questions, please contact Joan Luneau at Joan.Luneau@ade.arkansas.gov.