The Student Focused Teacher Led conference in Little Rock Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 will feature some of the nation’s leading educators and researchers.
Engaging speakers will cover a range of topics including:
- Emotional Poverty
- Why Poverty Matters and What Schools Teachers Must Do
- Relationship Building and Emotional Intelligence Development
- Trauma Informed Care
- Social Emotional Learning
- Educating the Whole Child
- Wrap Around Supports for Students
- Anti-bullying and Suicide Prevention
The opening keynote speaker, Ruby Payne, educator and author will conduct training on “Emotional Poverty in All Demographics.”
In other general sessions:
· NBA legend Sidney Moncrief, will speak to “Taking Ownership of Creating a Better World.”
· Nationally recognized educator Tammy Pawlowski, who holds a doctorate in Early Childhood Education, will engage participants in training around “Myths and Misconceptions: Why Poverty Matters and Why Schools and Teachers Can Matter More.”
· School counselor Molly Hudgons will share an incredible and deeply inspiring account that illustrates the life-saving power of connection and compassion from her story of “Saving Sycamore: The School Shooting that Never Happened.”
· Little Rock native Kevin Hunt Sr. will share how he turned his life around to keep a promise to his grandmother and the lessons participants can take with them as they work with struggling students.
Registration can be found at https://safeandsound.swoogo.com/sftl-conference/begin and includes lunch each day.