Arkansas Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has made the 2021 Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) School Index report and School Rating (Accountability-at-a-Glance) report available to schools for a private viewing via the My School Info website. Please note the changes for the 2021 reports:
- Act 89 of 2021 suspended school ratings (letter grades) for the 2020-2021 school year.
- If the LEA/District tested at least 95% of their students, then the adjusted and unadjusted scores will be the same.
- If the LEA/District tested less than 95%, then the denominator is adjusted by taking 95% of the number of students expected to test and rounding that number down to the nearest whole number.
- Both scores will be available to highlight the importance of testing at 95%.
- When reviewing unadjusted scores where less than 95% of students were tested, it is important to keep in mind the students missing from test results and how these students' performance might have impacted the scores had they tested as expected.
This private viewing (requires log-on to MSI) allows schools to access 2021 data to:
- Provide DESE with information about any incorrect placement of data in the reports;
- Review school-level improvement plans and utilize data to make revisions that better meet the needs of students; and
- Plan communication for the public release of the reports and engagement with stakeholders in the community.
Users may access the private 2021 Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) School Index report and School Rating report through My School Info by login using their existing State Active Directory (SSO) credentials. As a reminder, the reports do not include features that allow districts to submit data corrections. Data corrections were completed on August 24, 2021.
Authorized District Users
Login using your State Active Directory (SSO) credentials. Your account must be set up in eSchoolPlus: Menu > Scheduling > Resources > Staff District Information. Additionally, your district superintendent or assistant superintendent and principal must first login and add your account to the LEA's authorized users list within My School Info.
District Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent
Login using your State Active Directory (SSO) credentials. The e-mail address associated with your APSCN account must be registered as a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent (Coordinator Code = U or X) in the SIS LEA Profile for your district.
The e-mail address associated with your APSCN account must be registered as a Principal (Coordinator Code = P) in the SIS LEA Profile for your district.
*Informational: Superintendents or assistant superintendents and principals can add up to 10 additional users from their districts & schools respectively by logging into My School Info private site.
Batch Reports Feature
A Batch Reports feature has been added to the 2021 ESSA School Index Reports to ease the process and decrease the length of time required by district personnel to print school reports. LEA approved users, post log-on are now able to Batch download the 2021 ESSA School Index Reports. The feature is available under Data> Batch Report. See attachment for screenshots explaining how to access the Batch Reports feature.
Schools are encouraged to review 2021 ESSA School Report and School Rating (Accountability-at-a-Glance) and submit any recommendations for changes to the reports or checks of the calculations as per the 2021 Business Rules for Calculating the ESSA School Index Scores to the School Performance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. Monday, October 4, 2021. The district will need to provide evidence supporting the corrections, as well as the old values that were in the report, and the requested values. The review period for report information ends at 4:00 pm on Friday, October 4, 2021.
Online (Video) Resources:
Questions and/or clarifications for the 2021 DRAFT ESSA School Index Reports must be submitted by this deadline. The review window will close on Friday, October 4, 2021 at 4:00 PM so that final reports may be prepared for public release on October 15, 2021.
If you have questions about the reports, email email@example.com or call the School Performance Unit at (501) 682-7339.