ELEVATING ENGAGEMENT IN ARKANSAS
TO PROMOTE WHOLE CHILD AND ACADEMIC SUCCESS
Professional Development Training Series
The Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) is pleased to announce Family and Community Engagement topics and dates for professional development training for the 2021-2022 school year. The training series hosted by the DESE Engagement Unit will provide hands-on skills-building to support family and community-based strategies that promote student success. The online series is curated and led by the Engagement Unit at DESE, which serves all Arkansas schools and districts through its Engagement Matters AR program.
This information and training can help superintendents, administrators, teachers, and community members develop or build on their engagement knowledge base, and further equip parent and family coordinators and facilitators in our schools with the skills and abilities they need to not only meet federal and state compliance requirements that are key parts of their jobs, but to move “beyond compliance” as leaders in their districts, schools, communities and their profession.
Through the 2021-22 Engagement Matters AR training series, participants will:
- Gain increased understanding of state, national, and local resources available to District and School personnel
- Increase awareness of required (legal) components of Family and Community Engagement plans
- Share feedback and best practices to improve parent, family and community engagement efforts
- Improve knowledge, skills, and abilities to facilitate meaningful stakeholder conversations
- Explore and/or establish measurable goals and objectives for improved engagement aligned with student outcomes