ATTENTION: Superintendents; Child Nutrition Directors, Child
Nutrition Managers, General Business Managers, Bookkeepers, Food Service
Management Company Employees
Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) Division of Secondary and Elementary
Education, Child Nutrition Unit (DESE, CNU) will conduct two (2) virtual
training sessions for School Food Authorities (SFAs) and Food Service
Management Companies (FSMCs). These live presentations will be specific for the
School Food Authorities (SFAs) and the Food Service Management Companies (FSMCs).
Virtual training for SFAs only
- Who should attend? SFAs that are required to rebid the services for the SY 2022-2023 and SFAs interested in the proper procurement process when contracting with an FSMC.
- What will the training cover? The training will cover the entire process of soliciting and contracting with an FSMC, including the early stages of planning, the available contract options and the differences in those options, proper solicitation procedures, and requirements for contract management, monitoring once the contract is in place, and questions and answers.
- Where and when will the training be held? The live, virtual training for SFAs will be held Monday, November 8, 2021, at 10:00 a.m.
- How do I sign up for the training? Districts required to rebid their FSMC contracts will automatically receive a link to the training. Districts may also register HERE
Virtual training for FSMCs only
- Who should attend the training? Any FSMC that is registered with CNU to conduct business in Arkansas public schools and any FSMC that is interested in becoming registered with CNU.
- What will the training cover? The entire procurement process will be addressed including available contract options, implementation of the contract, continued execution of the contract, and questions and answers.
- Where and when will the training be held? The live, virtual training for FSMCs will be held Monday, November 8, 2021, at 1:00 p.m.
- How do I register for the training? All registered FSMCs may register HERE
If you have questions concerning
this training you may contact Nancy Dill or your Area Specialist.