The High Reliability School (HRS) survey window is opening for this semester, January 25th - February 11th. The survey is available for HRS Levels 1, 2, or 3. We are offering two different professional development opportunities to support schools in becoming HRS certified or in implementing the HRS framework.
January 11th - Register at ESC Works, Session #462420 Overview of HRS presented by Dr. Shelley Gies, Marzano Associate.
- What is HRS?
- Should our school administer the survey?
- How do we know which level should be administered?
- What are the suggestions in administering the HRS survey?
March 30th - Register at ESC Works, Session #455528 Working session with HRS survey results facilitated by Dr. Shelley Gies, Marzano Associate.
- How to interpret the survey results?
- How to prioritize the needs based on survey results?
- What lagging indicators support the leading indicators?
- How to seek HRS certification?
- What are the next steps?
Below are suggested guidelines for administering the upcoming HRS Surveys:
REVIEW THE HRS SURVEY TIMELINE
• Surveys can be distributed starting January 25th, and the survey window will close February 11th
• Analysis of survey results will be distributed by March 16th
ATTEND THE HRS VIRTUAL OVERVIEW ON JANUARY 11TH 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM, SESSION #462420 - REGISTER AT ESC WORKS (OPTIONAL)
DETERMINE WHICH LEVEL SURVEY TO ADMINISTER. (LEVELS 1, 2, AND 3 ARE ALL OFFERED)
DETERMINE WHICH OF THE 4 SURVEY AUDIENCES YOU WOULD LIKE TO REACH
• 4 separate surveys will be available: school administration, staff, parents, and students. Schools can choose any combination of these to best meet the needs of their HRS process.
o Note: the student survey is only available for grades 3 or higher
JANUARY 25TH – SEND SURVEYS TO YOUR SELECTED GROUPS
• There are 2 separate survey links, one for students and a second for administration/staff/parents.
Log into Digital Locker to access the links and communication closer to January 25th
SEND A REMINDER TO YOUR GROUPS BEFORE THE SURVEY WINDOW CLOSES
• The survey window closes February 11th. After this date the survey links will be closed for the purpose of beginning data analysis.
VIEW SURVEY RESULTS, DELIVERED BY MARCH 16TH
• Survey results are distributed through the adelocker.arkansas.gov (Arkansas Digital Locker).
Access to the Digital Locker uses your APSCN/Active Directory username and password.
• NOTE: Survey results will provide data on leading indicators, but all indicators will need lagging indicators to show that HRS Level has been achieved. The resource A Handbook for High Reliability Schools has a diagram to visualize the entire process