The Division of Elementary and Secondary Education has released the following rules for public comment:
1. DESE Rules Governing School-Based Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Devices and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Programs in Arkansas Public Schools
2. DESE Rules Governing Visual and Performing Arts Instruction for Students in Grades One through Eight (1-8) (formerly Visual Art and Music Instruction for Students in Grades One through Six (1-6))
3. DESE Rules Governing the Arkansas Educational Support and Accountability Act
4. DESE Rules Governing Arkansas Military Child Transition (formerly the Enrollment of Children of Military Families)
5. DESE Rules Governing Public Charter Schools
6. DEE Rules Governing Eye and Vision Screening Report in Arkansas Public Schools
7. DESE Rules Governing Documents Posted to School District and Education Service Cooperative Websites (Section 1 and 4 only)
Public comments may be submitted by email to ADE.RulesComments@ade.arkansas.gov. They also may be submitted via regular U.S. mail to the following: Arkansas Department of Education, Legal Services Unit, Four Capitol Mall, Room 302A, Little Rock, AR 72201. A public comment hearing will be held at 1:30 p.m. on February 7, 2022, at the Arkansas Department of Education, Four Capitol Mall, Little Rock.
A "markup" copy of each of these rules is attached, and they also may be found on the division's website at Division of Elementary and Secondary Education - Offices - Legal Services - Rules - Pending (arkansas.gov).
The division will accept public comments concerning these rules until 4:30 p.m. on February 24, 2022.