The purpose of this memo is to provide specific information
regarding federal grant reimbursement payments to close out fiscal year 2021-22
and begin fiscal year 2022-2023 The schedule presented here follows the same
procedures from the prior year.
Please make note of the dates below.
DISTRICT WAREHOUSE DATA PULL JUNE 11, 2022:
• ADE will conduct the last data pull to the district warehouse
for FY22 payments on June 11, 2022.
REIMBURSEMENTS RECEIVED BY DISTRICTS BY JUNE 30, 2022:
• Districts must receipt all prior month revenue (i.e. May
reimbursements) by June 10, 2022.
• ADE plans to process the June payments by June 24, 2022, by
reimbursing the negative balance from the Cognos fund balance report provided
the prior month revenue has been receipted.
NO REIMBURSEMENTS IN JULY OR AUGUST:
• No regular payments will be processed in July or August for FY22 or
FY23 due to the many expenditure revisions districts have in federal funds
during period 13.
• Grant programs related to pandemic funds will continue on monthly payment schedule (second Saturday of each month) during the summer term.
REVENUE ACCRUAL TO CLOSE FY22:
• Accrue only the amount needed to reach a zero ending balance. Do
not accrue the full remaining allocation unless it is needed to reach a zero
• If a fund has a positive ending balance at the close of FY22,
leave the balance in the federal fund for rollover as a “beginning balance” in
REVERSE REVENUE ACCRUAL IN PERIOD 1 OF FY23:
• ADE will require district “accruals” to be reversed in period
1 of FY23 in order to see the “negative revenue” in each fund in the Cognos
report. Do not receipt the revenue to the receivable account. Reverse the exact
accrual entry which will reflect negative revenue in period 1 until the funds
are received and receipted.
• This is necessary for ADE to make the required distinction
between FY22 payments and FY23 payments.
• The reversal of the accrual to the revenue account is also
necessary in order for ADE to determine from the fund balance report that funds
are received and receipted.
FIRST DISTRICT WAREHOUSE DATA PULL IN FY22 WILL BE ON SEPTEMBER 10,
• The final FY22 payments and the first FY23 payments will be made
from the district warehouse load on September 10, 2022.
FINAL FY22 REIMBURSEMENTS RECEIVED BY DISTRICTS BY SEPTEMBER 30,
• ADE will make final FY22 payments based on beginning balance and
negative revenue in the FY23 fund balance report for periods 1-3 (data through
September 10, 2022).
• Districts must reverse revenue accruals before the September 10,
2022, data pull.
• ADE plans to process this payment during the week of September 12,
• This will be the final payments in AASIS for FY22 expenditures.
FIRST FY23 REIMBURSEMENTS RECEIVED BY DISTRICTS BY SEPTEMBER 30,
• ADE will make the first FY23 payments based on YTD expenditures
from the same fund balance report on the September 10, 2022 data pull (data
through September 10, 2022) following the final FY22 payments.
REMAINING FY23 REIMBURSEMENT SCHEDULE:
• The reimbursement schedule will revert back to the normal
routine beginning in October 2022.
• Routine district warehouse data pulls will be done on the second
Saturday of each month beginning October 8, 2022.
• Districts must receipt all prior month revenue by the routine
data pull in order for current reimbursements to be processed.
• If a district does not receipt all prior month revenue by the
data pull date for a given month that fund’s reimbursement will be held until
the data reflects the receipts and a new data pull is done (usually the next
• Positive ending balances for more than two months must be
returned to ADE. The funds will be credited back to the district’s available
allocation and can be re-used through the period of availability.
• The last data pull before the end of the grant liquidation
process will be January 14, 2023. All expiring funds must be liquidated before
For questions regarding the federal grant reimbursement
procedures, contact the Federal Finance Unit.