The State Board of Education adopted five Praxis® tests at its July 2022 meeting. All five tests are effective September 1, 2022.
- Praxis® English Language Arts: Content Knowledge (5038) with a cut score of 162 replacing the Praxis® English Language Arts: Content and Analysis (5039) for English Language Arts (7-12) licensure
- Praxis® Social Studies: Content Knowledge (5081) with a cut score of 155 replacing the Praxis® Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) for Social Studies (7-12) licensure
- Praxis® Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091) with a cut score of 149 replacing the Praxis® Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) for the coaching endorsement
For the above three tests, Educational Testing Service (ETS) reports the current tests Arkansas uses for licensure contain constructed response (short answer) questions while the new content knowledge tests are all selected response (multiple choice) questions. The all multiple choice tests offer:
- Lower test fee ($130 vs. $156)
- Quicker score reporting time since human scorers are not needed
- Available continually, e.g., every day via Test at Home delivery
4. Praxis® Special Education: Early Childhood/Early Intervention (5692) with a cut score of 153 replacing the Praxis® Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) for Early Childhood Special Education (Pre-K) licensure
5. Praxis® Russian: World Languages (5671) - NEW - with a cut score of 125 for Russian (K-12) licensure
The Office of Licensure will accept passing scores from previous tests up to five years if the previous test was taken before the new test adoption date of September 1, 2022.