The Arkansas Behavior Support Specialists (BSS) affiliated with the Arkansas Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) - Office of Special Education - will be accepting applications for the third cohort of the BX3 (Behavior eXtreme 3 - Training, Coaching, Empowering) project. This BX3 project is designed to build capacity by providing coaching to building-level behavior teams that are working to develop tiered systems of behavior supports for all students.
This project will assist BX3 teams in developing and monitoring at least one SMART goal based on their assessment on the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI). Additionally, the BX3 team will create and update an action plan focused on meeting individualized SMART goal(s). The BSS will offer at least one coaching session per month (November, January, February, March, May) for each BX3 team. Professional learning opportunities will be offered as needed based on the SMART goal(s) and action plan.
Requirements for Participation in the BX3 Project:
1. Have an established school building-level behavior team that meets at least monthly
2. Have attended the School-wide Positive Behavior Supports training offered by Arkansas Behavior Support Specialists (BSS) or attended THRIVE (Note: If your building has a score of 70% or better on Tier 1 of the Tiered Fidelity Inventory (TFI), this training requirement is waived.)
3. Have submitted signed "Letter of Understanding" (provided below)
Expectations for participation (if selected):
• Assess current level of tiered behavior supports by completing the TFI
• Develop and monitor progress of at least one SMART goal related to tiered behavior supports
• Participate in at least one monthly coaching session with BSS
• Attend professional learning opportunities to meet established SMART goal(s)
Districts that wish to participate in the BX3 project for the 2022-23 school year should submit an application (linked below) no later than 4:30PM on Friday, October 7, 2022. Limited slots are available. Accepted districts will be notified by October 14, 2022, with next steps and additional details. Coaching for selected BX3 teams will begin November 2022.
Arkansas BSS have provided an informational video for more details. A google form is available for interested applicants to ask questions.