Attention: Superintendents, Child Nutrition Directors
and Managers, Business Managers, and Bookkeepers
The Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) Division
of Secondary and Elementary Education (DESE), Child Nutrition Unit (CNU) will
conduct two (2) separate training sessions for School Food Authorities (SFAs)
and Food Service Management Companies (FSMCs). The training will cover the federal, state, and
local laws and regulations for procuring FSMC services as well as contract
evaluations, and contract management post award.
Training for FSMCs only:
- Who should attend? All FSMCs registered with the CNU in the State of Arkansas interested in entering a contract with an SFA to manage any aspect of the federal Child Nutrition Programs.
- Where and when is the training? The FSMC training will be held at the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension State Office, 2301 South University Avenue, Little Rock, Arkansas 72204, Monday, October 17, 2022, from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon.
- Is there a registration process? Yes. All companies must register to attend. You may access the registration HERE no later than Friday, October 14, 2022.There is a two (2) person limit per company.
Training for SFAs only:
- Who should attend? Districts that are in the fifth year of a current contract and desire to resolicit the RFP; districts desiring to resolicit that are not in the fifth year of their contract; any currently outsourced district that may have questions concerning the contract management process, and any district that may be interested in the FSMC process.
- Where and when is the training? Training will be held at the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension State Office, 2301 South University Avenue, Little Rock, Arkansas 72204, Tuesday, October 18, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. until12:00 noon.
- Is there a registration process? Yes. All districts planning to solicit or resolicit the RFP must attend the training. It is recommended that Superintendents, Child Nutrition Directors, and district financial officers attend. School districts may register HERE Friday, October 14, 2022. Please limit to four (4) people.