Arkansas Department of Education is pleased to announce that the Governor's
Scholastic Honors Day will be held Saturday, April 29, 2023, at the Governor's
Mansion in Little Rock. Scholastic Honors Day recognizes Arkansas' best and
- Public and private high schools are encouraged to select two students in the senior class who best represent excellent academic achievement.
- Due to scheduling limitations, each high school can only select two (2) students to attend the event. No exceptions.
- Selection criteria is determined entirely by the high school.
- Registration must be completed by school counselors and is to be submitted online between March 27 and April 7, 2023.
- The registration link will only be sent to school counselors.
- Information will be sent to superintendents, principals, and school counselors via email.
- Parent submissions will not be accepted.
for Successful Registration:
- Counselors should ensure students are available to attend the event prior to submitting their names.
- Please check the entry to ensure the student’s name is correct prior to submitting the registration. The certificate will reflect the student's name as submitted.
- A slideshow will be created honoring the selected students. The slides will include the student's photo, name, school, and hometown. If your student would like to have a photo included, upload it in the registration form.
- Photos can be candid or school photos of the student only (.jpg format required).
- Headshot photos are preferred.
- The attached release form will need to be completed and be in possession of the school before sending the photo.
- If a photo is not submitted, only the student's name, school and hometown will be included in the slides.
- Each student's high school counselor and parents/guardians will receive an email on or after April 17, 2023, with more information, such as arrival time, time of event, etc.
- A printed letter will arrive in the mail on or after April 17, 2023.
- Questions related to the Governor's Scholastic Honors Day would be directed to Andrea Fortner, with ADE's School Counseling Unit at 501-682-4354 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
help ensure that Arkansas' most outstanding students have the opportunity to
participate in this wonderful event to honor academic performance. The governor and first gentleman look forward
to meeting the students and their parents/guardians on Saturday, April 29,